August 18th, 2008
Food meme, from http://www.verygoodtaste.co.uk/uncategorised/the-omnivores-hundred/
Bold what you've eaten
strike what you won't eat
1. Venison - mmmmmm nom. Bambi.
2. Nettle tea - a bit bland really
3. Huevos rancheros - no, but it looks nice
4. Steak tartare - no :( but I want to. I've had tuna steak tartare though
5. Crocodile - I don't think so
6. Black pudding - don't like it much
7. Cheese fondue - yep, niiiice
8. Carp - I don't think so
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari - on sushi
12. Pho - I think so
13. PB&J sandwich I think PB is disgusting.
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart - not nice
17. Black truffle - very very small amounts
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - nom
19. Steamed pork buns - nomnom
20. Pistachio ice cream - nomnomnom
21. Heirloom tomatoes - never seen any for sale
22. Fresh wild berries - doesn't everyone grab blackberries from roadside bushes?
23. Foie gras - unfortunately it costs too much
24. Rice and beans - cheap, nice
25. Brawn, or head cheese - sounds like it might be gross
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper IT BURNS
27. Dulce de leche - don't think I've seen it
28. Oysters - don't like them much, too slimy
29. Baklava - nom
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas - no, but I want to
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl - not seen it
33. Salted lassi - I like the mango, maybe sometime I should order salted.
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - I don't smoke
37. Clotted cream tea - mmmmmmmmmm
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O - no, but we had vodka watermelon once
40. Oxtail - only in soup
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
43. Phaal - I'd try it, but it might be TOO HOT
44. Goat’s milk - no, but I've had goat's milk cheese
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more - way too pricey, I don't like whisky much
46. Fugu - I suspect that finding a chef I trusted would be hard
47. Chicken tikka masala - practically our national dish
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut - not really available here
50. Sea urchin - I think it's disgusting, tastes like the smell of rotting seaweed IMO, ymmv, they do (or used to) serve it on sushi at Teri Aki if anyone feels the need
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal eeeyuch
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV Probably tastes of beer.
60. Carob chips
66. Frogs’ legs - tastes like chicken
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis - nomnomnomnomnom I love Haggis!
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini - IMO overrated
73. Louche absinthe - yuck, sorry, don't like liquorice
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill - no, but I probably would
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong one of my favourite teas!
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant. - anyone offering to buy me same? No, didn't think so. Bet it's nomiferous, but not quite sure I can justify the expense.
85. Kobe beef
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor - neither with nor without the SPAM
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee - tastes of coffee, apparently I have no taste
I'll eat almost anything once - so I've not striked out anything that I haven't eaten 'cept the PB&J since I've had PB and hate it and the scotch bonnet because I don't want my mouth burned off. This is not to say I'd enjoy eating any of the other things.
People who walk along my way to work apparently do not eat blackberries by the side of the path :)
I now feel that there should be a restaurant review system that uses "noms" for rating!
|Date:||August 19th, 2008 10:32 am (UTC)|| |
heh. Yes there should.
P.S. Head cheese is brains, I think? Dulche de leche is a delicious caramel-y pudding, though.
|Date:||August 19th, 2008 04:45 pm (UTC)|| |
Head cheese is what you get when you get all of the stray bits of Stuff out of some dead animal's head and let it solidify in its own gelatin.
|Date:||September 16th, 2008 05:20 pm (UTC)|| |